5.22.2009

Fishing and Thinking....

Been a dad a long time.

Now a new generation is on it's way - continuing my line even longer.

Never read any more beautiful account about raising kids than this one I just read from friend Justin.

Got me thinking.

Wishing I had some of those kind of days back. I now know that this feeling goes with it all too - that longing for one more minute with them.

You can't ever really expect to remember each fish or each lesson. You'll try. You just, someday, know you did your best. If you are lucky, someday, those now young show you that they are made of the same water, dirt, and fire as you, and those who carried the line to you.

And then you remember...each little lesson that was learned and passed on. And maybe you connect where it really came from to where it is that you hope it is really going - if it be allowed - as it passes by, pool by pool, turn by turn, fish by fish, until one day indeed for us all "....it stops, like the tick of a clock that's come unwound."

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy Berrell said...

I think a lot of that writing - thanks for putting it together and for posting it over at my place.

June 02, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home