The good Sisters of the Holy Cross in Notre Dame Indiana are puttin' the arm on this now aging alumni of their little primary school, Saint Mary's Campus School, in order to get me to help with an effort that they have been involved with for a long time. It seems that, in addition to cash contributions, the good Sisters gather up cancelled postage stamps, then process and sell them to collectors around the world. Apparently, they do this with the sole intention of using the proceeds to help the poor.
As I am considered a "most notorious" alumnus of this now defunct little school, Sister Jeanette has stepped up the special treatment, laying on the personal touch to get me to help. Now, I don't mind a bit. Really, I see it as my chance to finally get something right, after all, for all of them.
To be sure, Sister Jeanette knows the kind of sinner I am. As a matter of fact, I think it may just have been Sister Jeanette herself who first made me aware of just how serious my situation would be, as regards my soul, when I "grew up someday". She predicted for me with certainty the exact path of ruination and the "inevitable decent into a life of complete abomonation" that has, in fact, not just so recently, come to pass! She cautions me now that my immediate assistance can most surely and only, be of some help when my final appeal is heard by St. Peter. My good actions now might even be the deciding factor to keep me from languishing forever in that lonely "state of Purgatory", OR WORSE!
I remember from my school days that I don't guess any of us know when our judgement time will come. So I am making this appeal to you all, my friends, to tear off and in this way "recycle" any stamps we receive in our mail and forward them, once in a while, to my attention. I will gather them together and mail them with some appropriate frequency to Sister Jeanette along with a personal cash contribution which, no doubt at all, would probably just have gone to some furtherance of my ultimate mortal and everlasting destruction, anyway.
Who knows, your small bit of help may even tip the balance in my favor after all is said and done.
Thanks in advance for your help.
As I am considered a "most notorious" alumnus of this now defunct little school, Sister Jeanette has stepped up the special treatment, laying on the personal touch to get me to help. Now, I don't mind a bit. Really, I see it as my chance to finally get something right, after all, for all of them.
To be sure, Sister Jeanette knows the kind of sinner I am. As a matter of fact, I think it may just have been Sister Jeanette herself who first made me aware of just how serious my situation would be, as regards my soul, when I "grew up someday". She predicted for me with certainty the exact path of ruination and the "inevitable decent into a life of complete abomonation" that has, in fact, not just so recently, come to pass! She cautions me now that my immediate assistance can most surely and only, be of some help when my final appeal is heard by St. Peter. My good actions now might even be the deciding factor to keep me from languishing forever in that lonely "state of Purgatory", OR WORSE!
I remember from my school days that I don't guess any of us know when our judgement time will come. So I am making this appeal to you all, my friends, to tear off and in this way "recycle" any stamps we receive in our mail and forward them, once in a while, to my attention. I will gather them together and mail them with some appropriate frequency to Sister Jeanette along with a personal cash contribution which, no doubt at all, would probably just have gone to some furtherance of my ultimate mortal and everlasting destruction, anyway.
Who knows, your small bit of help may even tip the balance in my favor after all is said and done.
Thanks in advance for your help.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home