Oh my, what a week it has been. Back in the job after a week of vacation and a week of catching up with work that piled up. Swamp Angel off to Virginia with her sisters for the beautiful garden tours.
And.....I must tell you of a sad, sad, thing. One of my heroes, Marla Ruzicka, was killed in Iraq. You may note that in one of my first messages on this Blog, about a year ago, I sent you Marla's with the comment that I much admired her work....(and that one of Grandma's Baby Quilts = 1M16, or rather, MINUS 1 M16). Now she is dead. A car bomb designed to kill our brave and steadfast servicemen blew her up on the airport road in Baghdad. So, a true woman of peace and hope is gone. Where is love? Where is human compassion? Where are the angels? Where will we find another Marla? Where will we find the strength to continue?
Life, the gift of woman to man. War, the gift of man to mankind.
Hold your children very closely.
And.....I must tell you of a sad, sad, thing. One of my heroes, Marla Ruzicka, was killed in Iraq. You may note that in one of my first messages on this Blog, about a year ago, I sent you Marla's with the comment that I much admired her work....(and that one of Grandma's Baby Quilts = 1M16, or rather, MINUS 1 M16). Now she is dead. A car bomb designed to kill our brave and steadfast servicemen blew her up on the airport road in Baghdad. So, a true woman of peace and hope is gone. Where is love? Where is human compassion? Where are the angels? Where will we find another Marla? Where will we find the strength to continue?
Life, the gift of woman to man. War, the gift of man to mankind.
Hold your children very closely.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home